One thing I miss about living away from home is my mum's cooking. After a long day at work I am sometimes unmotivated to cook myself - but planning ahead and getting food out ready for the next day has helped me to stay prepared. I am SO glad that we have a slow cooker too, we can just chuck some ingredients in, leave it on while we go to work, and come home to dinner being ready!
During the cold weather one of my favourite dishes to make in the slow cooker is a beef stew. I recently made one using this Gordon Rhodes Gourmet Sauce Mix. Read on for recipe, ingredients and how to cook!
You will need:
- Vegetables (I'm using onion, carrot, celery, broccoli and courgette - but you can choose whatever you like! I also like to add potatoes to make it a bit chunkier )
- Beef steak (I usually buy mine diced to save time or you can buy a large piece and chop it up)
- Gordon Rhodes Gourmet Slow Comfortable Stew Sauce Mix
- Chop up the veggies and place in the slow cooker
- Add the chunks of beef
- Mix the packet of Gordon Rhodes mix with water in a jub, and add to the slow cooker
- Switch on the slow cooker, leave for around 8 hours and come back to a delicious beef stew!
The end result:
And voila! I served it up with some delicious crunchy bread. The best thing about these sauces is they fill the kitchen with delicious aromas and help make a hearty, warming meal. They are so simple to use AND they are gluten free!
The Gordon Rhodes sauce mix costs £2.25. To find out more or see the whole range visit the website here.